Governor Roy Cooper said in a press conference Tuesday that if you lost your job due to COVID-19, you can receive employment benefits as soon as possible.
Cooper issued the executive order Tuesday.
The order has made changes to how unemployed workers can receive benefits:
- The one-week waiting period to apply for unemployment benefits for workers who lost their jobs has been removed
- The requirement that a person must look for another job during this time when so many potential employers are closed has been removed.
- Allows employees who lose their jobs, or in certain cases have their hours reduced due to COVID-19 issues, to apply for unemployment benefits
- Permits applicants to apply for benefits remotely by phone or online
- Directs that employers will not be held responsible for benefits paid as a direct result of these COVID-19 claims
You can apply for benefits online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need help, contact the Customer Call Center at 888-737-0259, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Submit your application now by click HERE